We are located just 1/2 mile from the expansive, fine-sands of Goose Rocks Beach, which offers exploring opportunities for sand dollars, hikes to Timber Island and tide pools for safe swimming for the kids.
- Approx. driving times from:
- Boston – 1.5 – 2 hours
- New York or Montreal – 5 – 6 hours
- Portland Maine – 1/2 hour.
Directions From the South:
- Take Exit 25 (Kennebunk Exit) on the Maine Turnpike (I-95).
- Follow Route 35 five miles to Kennebunkport. Turn left onto Route 9.
- Cross the bridge to Dock Square. Continue on Route 9 for 5.2 miles from the bridge.
- At the Clock Farm House (which will be on your left), turn right onto Dyke Road.
- Ocean Woods Resort is on the left.
Directions From the North:
- Ext 36 from Maine Turnpike toward Saco/Old Orchard Beach (Portions toll).
- 1.8 mi Take the US-1 S exit, EXIT 2A, toward Saco Downtown.
- 0.2 mi Keep right to take the ramp toward Saco/Downtown. If you are on Ocean Park Rd. and reach Burrows St. you’ve gone a little too far
- 0.02 mi Merge onto Main St.
- 1.7 mi Turn slight left onto Alfred St/ME-9/ME-111. Alfred St is just past Foss St. Happy Dragon Chinese Restaurant is on the corner
- 0.1 mi Take the 2nd left onto Pool St/ME-9/ME-208. Continue to follow ME-9. ME-9 is just past Franklin St. 7-ELEVEN #32540 is on the corner. If you reach Summer St. you’ve gone a little too far.
- 9.2 mi Turn left onto Dyke Rd.
- Dyke Rd is 0.2 miles past Jellison Dr. If you reach Abenaki Way you’ve gone about 0.7 miles too far
0.1 mi 71 DYKE RD. is on the left. If you reach Buzzys Way you’ve gone a little too far.
With three major airports 30 minutes to 1.75 hours from Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebunkport Maine, one can easily reach us from anywhere in the country making it an easy to get to destination.
Gateway Airports to Goose Rocks Beach
Portland ME Airport – PWM – 30 Minutes
Boston’s Logan Airport – BOS – 1.75 hours
Manchester NH Airport – MHT – 1.5 hours
If Portland flights work that is nice easy 30 minutes from Goose Rocks Beach! But often Boston will offer the most direct flights for the best price. Do not overlook Manchester NH as possible gateway as it is a large Southwest hub. Portland and Manchester offer nice size airports with all the amenities but not too massive either.
University of New England Lodging: Ocean Woods Resort is just 5 miles down Route 9 from University of New England. Turn toward the beach at the historic Clock Farm and we are on the left. We have special rates (September, October, May and June) for University of New England parents, prospective students and visitors.
Ocean Woods Resort
71 Dyke Rd, Kennebunkport, Maine 04046
1-866-967-1928 | 1-207-967-1928